The FictionMags Index
created by William G. Contento & edited by Phil Stephensen-Payne
Last Update: November 29, 2023
Table of Contents:
- Primary Indexes:
- Secondary Indexes:
- Biographical Notes
- Magazine Issues with Full-Text Links
- Magazine Issues with Missing Contents
- Books with Missing Contents
- Newly Added/Improved Magazine Issues
- Newly Added/Improved Books
- User Guide:
- Index Structure
- How to Add to the Index
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Background Notes
- Change Log
This index is part of the FictionMags Index Family:
- The FictionMags Index
- The Adventure, War, and Espionage Fiction Magazine Index
- The Crime, Mystery, & Gangster Fiction Magazine Index
- The General Fiction Magazine Index
- The Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Weird Fiction Magazine Index
- The Western & Frontier Fiction Magazine Index
- British Juvenile Story Papers and Pocket Libraries Index
Cover images are provided by Galactic Central.
This index is a work in progress, created from magazine contents listings entered by members of the FictionMags mailing list and many others.The purpose of this mailing list is to discuss the history of fiction magazines, and to exchange information about magazines which have carried fiction, past or present. Particular emphases are on the Gaslight magazines of circa 1880-1914, the pulp magazines of the first half of the 20th century, the Big Slick magazines of the mid-20th century, the digest-sized magazines of the 1950s and 1960s and any other areas of magazine publishing which have been important for fiction. Discussion may cover aspects of the publishing history of the magazines concerned, their editors and editorial policies, the authors they published, and so on.Any English language magazine that prints fiction may be included, but emphasis is on titles that have not been indexed elsewhere.
Caveat: Much of this material originated in listings from online auction sites, where the main intent was not bibliographic accuracy. Individual magazine listings may be incomplete or contain typographical errors. Please let us know if you encounter any errors or omissions.
For other useful online resources see the Bibliographic Resources page.